Monday, August 24, 2009

Arts & Crafts fair


i attended my first ever arts and crafts fair last Saturday and here are a few lessons learnt:

1) Don't go in with high expectations.. lots of the times your work may not be as good as you think
2) I'm not a good seller.. I'm fine in communicating in writing and what not, but I'm just too shy to approach people or call out to people to look at my pieces
3) Bring a mirror.. I had jotted that down and then completely forgotten about it! Doh..
4) Although my pieces might not be to everyone's taste, I did receive quite a few compliments so I've just gotta keep trying
5) Business cards are invaluable. I already got an order request today asking if it's true I offere free shipping and how they should proceed with purchasing! yippeeee

PS. That image is of my display that I had set up during the fair. What do you think?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the mirror idea! I had never thought of that!

P.S. I don't think you should have to ask ETSIANS for a permission to feature. It's nice to do, but not a must. I mean, if I were going to post an item from Anthropologie, I wouldn't ask first..accessorize guilt free!...

AuroraRose said...

I think your display is really pretty and definitely eye-catching. I haven't done a craft show yet... might start in the lead up to christmas! I have noted down your advice, especially about the mirror!
congrats on the order you got...

Pearl @ Play said...

very pretty display! that's my first thought when I first saw the photo.

Happy Hippy Jewelry said...

pretty display... i may be off on the scale but it loks kind of small... also, it has a very "don't touch" feel if you ask me (customers don't like to pick up things if it upsets the display). not sure if that's what you're going for.

ChicInfinity said...

Thanks for the comments everyone. RE: the display. It's not the actual one, this is a showcase inside a box at a shop where I display some of my items but I replicated the display for the fair

Post a Comment