Monday, August 3, 2009

Punk Glam Bracelet


Are there times where you feel a bit ambivalent towards your own designs? Normally I am pretty happy with what I make but with my latest listing of this bracelet, I am unsure as to how I feel about the piece. I deliberately tried to contrast a delicate rose quartz bracelet with a black industrial looking chain. I was hoping that this combination will be able to convey the dichotomy of a girl who may appear tough but is really fragile on the inside. I've been mulling over this idea for quite some time but now I'm not too sure how I feel about this piece. What do you think?

4 comments:

Katie (Katie's Basement) said...

I really like it! But I do know what you mean about making something and then not being sure how you feel about it. The WORST is when people love your least favorite item!

But I think it turned out really well! Rose Quartz is so hard for me when I'm putting it in designs because it's just never as strong as you need it to be when you pair it with other, brighter (or in your case darker) materials.

Niki said...

I love it. It has great contrast with both the colors and the feel.

ChicInfinity said...

thanks for the positive comments. It's just one of those things that I can't decide on and wondering if I'm a fool to try it out!

serrelynda said...

Love the dark metal links..

Post a Comment